Excel clears the top row when opening a workbook for the first time on cloud server.

9tanstaafl9

Excel voodoo happening. I have a workbook that works fine on many many computers. I started using Excel on a cloud server today, using Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Mac. When I opened the workbook (also on the server) the top row was missing. I mean it was there (things hadn't shifted up) but everything that had existed on it previously was gone. There is nothing in the macros that would cause this. There are multiple worksheets and it only removes the data from sheet 1 row 1.

If I open the workbook using Remote Desktop on another computer in my office the original workbook opens and the top row is still there. It only happens on the cloud server. If I fix the broken workbook and save it and then reopen it on the cloud server, the row is still there.

Anybody seen anything like this happen before? I know it doesn't REALLY matter because I can fix the problem, but I would like to know what is going on in case this happens with other workbooks.

Thank you!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VICKRAM

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...