Excel Clipboard not Pasting All Data

MrVillareal

Hi All MrExcel Users,

Is the clipboard limited for pasting all data? Because I have copied a number of data but is not pasting all in there.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Marvin

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Hi Marvin,

I'm not aware of any limit- you should be able to copy all cells of a worksheet to another worksheet.

Is it possible that you have some rows or columns hidden or filtered and that data that didn't seem to get pasted is getting pasted to those hidden cells?

Upvote 0
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your time..No hidden rows actually but I found out that its only limited up to 24 copies Im using excel 2010. And Im not sure as to total capacity. Because when you exceed that capacity it will not paste those data that exceed that capacity and you have to copy those data that were not pasted. I dont know how to deal with that situation. Thats why I have to count my copied data and still depends on the amount of capacity I already consumed.

Is there any way to solved this?

Best regards,
Marvin

Upvote 0
Hi Marvin,
I don't have Excel 2010, so I'm afraid I'm not able to help you.
Are you saying that Excel 2010 allows you to have 24 separate clipboards saved at the same time?

Upvote 0
something when you copy it will inform you on the bottom right i.e "10 of 24". So it means the number of items in the clipboard is 10. So if you are copying more than 24 sheets to put it in one sheet it will just simply takes time.

I dont know how to deal with this limitation.

Upvote 0
and I think clipboard has this total capacity that when you exceed even if you just copy one sheet it will not pasted all. But Im not sure about that total capacity.

Upvote 0
Thanks for providing the link Jerry but my concern actually is that I am not able to paste all my data because maybe the capacity of my data exceed the capacity required by clipboard that's why I cannot paste at one time but more than one time:)..is there anyway to solved this? is it the settings? the problem is that I dont know the answer for this.ehe..:) Any way I really appreciate your help:) Thank you Jerry.:)

Upvote 0
Are you saying that you are trying to paste multiple items from the clipboard at the same time? For example, are you trying to "Copy" the data from 24 or more worksheets and then paste them onto a single worksheet?

Just guessing since I don't have xl2010...but I don't think that is the intent of the multiple item clipboard. I expect it would be to allow you to have more than one storage space, but that you would still need to paste one item at a time.

If you are trying to consolidate data from many worksheets into one, there are many examples on this site of how to do that with VBA. It's one of the most asked questions.

Upvote 0
Oh yeah VBA can help me with that please give me the code:)..Because actually each day I create a debit notes as shown below. So each day I have sequenced for each debit note and at the end of the month I want to copy all these sheets into one sheet for my pivot table.

<b>Excel 2010</b><table cellpadding="2.5px" rules="all" style=";background-color: #FFFFFF;border: 1px solid;border-collapse: collapse; border-color: #BBB"><colgroup><col width="25px" style="background-color: #DAE7F5" /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /></colgroup><thead><tr style=" background-color: #DAE7F5;text-align: center;color: #161120"><th></th><th>A</th><th>B</th><th>C</th><th>D</th><th>E</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">10</td><td style="font-weight: bold;text-align: right;border-right: 1px solid black;color: #FFFFFF;background-color: #000000;;">DN No.:</td><td style="font-weight: bold;text-align: center;border-top: 1px solid black;border-right: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;border-left: 1px solid black;;">DN26102011-33</td><td style="font-weight: bold;text-align: right;border-right: 1px solid black;border-left: 1px solid black;color: #FFFFFF;background-color: #000000;;">Date:</td><td style="font-weight: bold;border-top: 1px solid black;border-right: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;border-left: 1px solid black;;">26-Oct-2011</td><td style="border-top: 1px solid black;border-right: 1px solid black;border-bottom: 1px solid black;border-left: 1px solid black;;"></td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">11</td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;border-top: 1px solid black;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;border-top: 1px solid black;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;border-top: 1px solid black;;"></td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">12</td><td style="font-weight: bold;;"></td><td style="font-weight: bold;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">13</td><td style="text-align: center;;">Business Unit Code</td><td style="text-align: center;;">Business Unit</td><td style="text-align: center;;">Invoice Number</td><td style="text-align: center;;">Check Number</td><td style="text-align: center;;">Check Amount (SAR)</td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">14</td><td style="text-align: right;;">13185</td><td style=";">Stockyard-Central Region Center</td><td style=";">SB0003221</td><td style="text-align: right;;">14965</td><td style="text-align: right;;"> 1,500.00 </td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">15</td><td style="text-align: right;;">13322</td><td style=";">Dammam Mega Center</td><td style=";">SB0003202</td><td style="text-align: right;;">14965</td><td style="text-align: right;;"> 1,970.00 </td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">16</td><td style="text-align: right;;">13344</td><td style=";">Hafr Al Batin Sinaiyah  Center</td><td style=";">SB0003162</td><td style="text-align: right;;">14965</td><td style="text-align: right;;"> 1,560.00 </td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">17</td><td style="text-align: right;;">13321</td><td style=";">Hafr Al Batin Center</td><td style=";">SB0003161</td><td style="text-align: right;;">14965</td><td style="text-align: right;;"> 2,420.00 </td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">18</td><td style="text-align: right;;">13411</td><td style=";">Airport Road,Madinah Munawarah ( Pa</td><td style=";">SB0003163</td><td style="text-align: right;;">14965</td><td style="text-align: right;;"> 3,100.00 </td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">19</td><td style="text-align: right;;">13176</td><td style=";">Al Kharj Square 1Sp</td><td style=";">SB0003152</td><td style="text-align: right;;">14965</td><td style="text-align: right;;"> 760.00 </td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">20</td><td style="text-align: right;;">13321</td><td style=";">Hafr Al Batin Center</td><td style=";">SB0003150</td><td style="text-align: right;;">14965</td><td style="text-align: right;;"> 740.00 </td></tr><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">21</td><td style="text-align: right;;">13321</td><td style=";">Hafr Al Batin Center</td><td style=";">SB0003149</td><td style="text-align: right;;">14965</td><td style="text-align: right;;"> 740.00 </td></tr></tbody></table><p style="width:7.8em;font-weight:bold;margin:0;padding:0.2em 0.6em 0.2em 0.5em;border: 1px solid #BBB;border-top:none;text-align: center;background-color: #DAE7F5;color: #161120">DN26102011-33</p><br /><br />

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back