Excel ComboBox query

Puggwash63

Board Regular
Hi,

Does anyone have ideas on how to get a Macro to work from 3 different ComboBoxes on the same worksheet.

I am trying like mad to get this sorted and as Macro is not my biggest thing, I've ended up stuck with this one.

Somone out there, Please help:confused:

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
This combines the selected values from 3 comboxes - then labels a command B with that - kinda silly - but you gave no clue to what you are trying to do.

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
    CommandButton2.Caption = ComboBox1.Text & "---" & ComboBox2.Text & "---" & ComboBox2.Text
End Sub

Upvote 0
Rasm,

Thanks for replying, this is what I have got:

I have generated an Excel worksheet with one ComboBox when clicked on the dropdown box shows Days (Sun - Sat).
Below the ComboBox are cells that when filled in gives a score in the Total cell at the bottom.
There is an 'Update' button to send the score to another sheet.

I wanted to place an additional 2 ComboBox dropdown boxes totalling 3 so that each Team can use the same sheet to score and I can monitor each Teams performance.

The Macro when running with the 3 Comboboxes will only display in the 1st score sheet and the days shows on all 3 ComboBox cells no matter which ComboBox I choose.

Can anyone help with fixing the problem I have as Im not that clued up with working Macro formulas out with the ComboBoxes.

This is the Macro I have running:

Private Sub ClearButton_Click()
Worksheets("AuditForm").Activate
Range("H11:L15,H17:L21,H23:L27,H29:L33,H35:L39").Select
Selection.ClearContents
ComboBox1.Activate

End Sub
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
End Sub

Private Sub ComboBox1_Click()

End Sub
Private Sub ComboBox1_DropButt*******()

End Sub
Private Sub ComboBox2_Change()
End Sub
Private Sub ComboBox3_Change()
End Sub
Private Sub UpdateButton_Click()
Set currentCell = Worksheets("5-S Assessment Charts").Range("B11")
While currentCell <> ComboBox1.Text
Set nextCell = currentCell.Offset(0, 1)
Set currentCell = nextCell
Wend
Dim rw As Integer
Dim col As Integer
rw = currentCell.Row + 1
col = currentCell.Column
Worksheets("AuditForm").Range("Total").Copy
Worksheets("5-S Assessment Charts").Cells(rw, col).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues
Set currentCell = Worksheets("5-S Assessment Charts").Range("A27")
End Sub
Private Sub UpdateButton_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
End Sub
Private Sub UpdateButton_GotFocus()
End Sub
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
End Sub
<!-- / message -->

Upvote 0
It's not clear what you want the combobox to do. You are mentioning comboboxes, teams, sheets, macros, days, scores, totals - it's very confused.

If you have three teams, I'd suggest keep it simple and have one sheet for each team.

Upvote 0
Xenou,

Sorry for not being clear.

I could use a sheet for each Team but I would need to show on a sheet all 3 scores through a Graph outlining how each team score, trends etc.

I thought I could use 3 ComboBoxes on one sheet so each Team could open their box and open the week (ie Week3, Week 4etc) they are working and enter the results from their 5s score chart.

This would then, when clicked on the Update Graph button enter their 'Total' score to the sheets Graph.

If another Team opened their ComboBox and did the as above, their score when the Update Graph button was pressed would generate the score on the graph.

Is this possible

Upvote 0
ComboBoxes are generally for choosing a value from a list. Your description includes things like opening boxes, entering scores, and updating graphs, with three different entities (teams) involved. So I'm not sure if this is possible from what you are describing here. It's sounds like more than one thing going on. Possibly more than should be driven by a single combobox selection - you have to coordinate all the sheet events and user inputs so that the user is able to understand what to do and the actions flow in a natural sequence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I suppose that I might add that I still really don't know what you mean by the boxes, scores, or graphs. So I'm trying to give general advice that probably comes down to clarifying 1) what it is that you want to do, and 2) the precise sequence of steps that the user will undertake in order to achieve the desired result. Comboboxes may be involved but it hardly seems that that is all that is involved.

ξ

Upvote 0
Xenou,

Thanks for your replies.

I have finally cracked it by adding 3 seperate rows for each Team on the same sheet.
Using different ComboBoxes this lets me show that each Team can use the worksheet to display the Graph for all Teams.

It took some time to work out, I was looing at it to technically so went back to basics and wow, it worked.

I accept I may not have asked in the right format and will endevour to put this right the next time I need assistance

Many thanks to you

Pugg

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back