Excel compatibility issue 2013 vs 2007

greencroft

I have a file that has been sent to me by a third party that was created in Excel 2013.

I have 2007 as our standard issue at work. The file has been sent to me in both xlsx and xlsm form.

In both cases, the file opens fine in 2007 but in the case of 3 tabs only, just the act of selecting any of those tabs makes Excel freeze up, forcing me to have to crash out of it.

I have checked that there are no links to other non-available files, either explicitly or through named range definitions and there are none that I can see through the normal checks.

There are no macros.

Any other pointers to investigate would be welcomed.

I have since found a machine here at work that has Excel 2013 installed locally and the file opens and works fine on this. But I need to get it working for 2007 so it can be used by others here.

Many thanks for any help.

MarcelBeug

If you open the file on the Excel 2013 machine, you can check for compatibility issues: File - Check for Issues - Check compatibility.

BTW: "a third party that was created in Excel 2013" :eek: Amazing what Excel 2013 can do!

Last edited:

greencroft

I should add that the "Check Compatibility" tool in 2013 showed up no issues other than if I was trying to put it to 97/2003 format (which I am not).

Sorry for punctuation - it was the file that was created in Excel 2013, not the third party!

MarcelBeug

Of course, I was just joking.

Searching internet indicate that checking add-ins may be worthwhile.

Otherwise I have no other clues for you.
Maybe the third party can help you out. Or anyone else on this forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa McConachy

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...