mahmed1

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hiya

I have a row of data in cells D3, E3, F3 etc

what i want to do is highlight the values in there to see if the consecutive values are greater than 3 and then highlight it

ie if its 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 5 (highlighted), 3, 2, 5,5,5 (Highlighted), 5 (Highlighted), 5 (Highlighted), 2,4,4,4 (Highlighted)

so im just trying to highlight all values that exceeda number 3 in my case 3 times in a row , if it dropa back then the count should find the next occurence and highlight until it drops back again

hoping im making sense of it

Im typing from a phone hence why i could highlight the values so have put highligh next to the value

Sorry i just seen your latest response

Im using a proper excel 2016 and also have office365 which is what il be mainly using

I can have VBA as an option if thats the better solution as that way i can apply the formatting to in
F33: Last column 33 and check to see if the formula in 34 is consecutive to cell C33

Therre is multiple rows that have different variables ie

F35:last column 35 - variable to check is in C35 etc

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I guess what im trying to say is with VBA i can apply in multiple rows and check against the variable in column C in that row for consecutive occurance (there is a formula in cells below just to put 1 or 0 if the condition matches) that’s basically just checking to see if the value is greater than the variable in column B In the same row and if it is then Put a 1

Upvote 0
Hi Rick

Is there any chance you could help me with a Vba solution that will allow me to change the variable days? as each row could have different consecutive days to compare with

Thank you so much and appreciate your help

Upvote 0
Hi Rick

Do you need any more info
Sorry if ive not been as clear

Upvote 0
Hi Rick i tried that but unfortunately it was not highlighting the right cells

in the example below - it should be highlighted like this

View attachment 23886
Can you clarify the above from Message #4 for me? Are the only values in your cells 0 or 1? If so, did you only want to highlight consecutive 1 values and not consecutive 0 values?

Upvote 0
Hiya thats right

So in the cells below (say my values are in row 3) i have a formula in row 4 to say if the value above is greater than the condition percentage value then give 1 else return 0 (So yep there is either 1 or 0)

I then want to only highlight the values in row 3 only if it the 1 value is consecutive to whatever the day variable is

So eg if my day variable was 4 then
Only highlight the 1 value that appears 4 time consecutively if it appears 5 times consecutively then highlight that too

0,1,1,0,0,1,1,1,1(highlight), 1 (highlight), 0,0,1,1,1,1(highlight)

If the day condition is 2 then
1,0,0,1,1 (highlight), 1 (highlight),0,0,0,1,1 (highlight),0,0,0,1,1 (highlight), 1 (highlight) etc...

Hope this makes sense (the day condition will be column C in the same row
Eg if the values to highlight is in row 3 Then the day variable will be in row C3

If in row 7 then day variable will be in row C7
The data starts from column F and can continue to as far right

I guess i can fire the code if something in column c changes and then what ever cell in row C changed then examine everything in that row (this way it avoids) hard coding every row i need examining and it will only examine that row but im easy even if its not triggered by an event and i can hard code all the rows i need

For now values to examine are in row 3, 7, 11, 15 etc and the condition with the 1s and 0 is in the row below

Upvote 0
For now values to examine are in row 3, 7, 11, 15 etc and the condition with the 1s and 0 is in the row below
What do you mean "for now"? How might they change (might affect how I have to write the code)?

Upvote 0
sorry ignore what i said re for now

What i meant is if i added more rows ie at the moment its 3, 7,11,17 and more could be added

Upvote 0
I hope i was clear in my previous post - please advise if you require any more info

Upvote 0
@Rick Rothstein Hi Rick - is there any chance you can be kind enough to help me

Apologies if ive still not been clear im my requirement

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back