Excel crashes when attempting to view ThisWorkbook code

toddzimmerly

I have a new PC (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) with a fresh install of Office 2016 32 bit. In VBA editor, clicking (left or right) on ThisWorkbook causes Excel to crash and either close or restart (different behavior at different times). This occurs in a new, blank Excel file and in files with previously coded VBA. I have done a complete uninstall of Office using the Microsoft uninstall tool for Office 2016. After doing the uninstall, I reinstalled Office and installed all updates again. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I also had some issues with Outlook (unable to modify signatures and fonts in mail). Since this was a brand new PC (first day), I decided to use the Reset PC option in Windows 10 to set the PC back to the original state it arrived from Dell. After doing that I installed Office and am having no issues described above with Excel or with Outlook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back