Excel crashing when saving a template

Harvey

Hi,

I have a template that runs code on Workbook_BeforeClose, Workbook_Deactivate and Workbook_Open. About 20% of the times the workbook is saved, Excel crashes. The template has a fair number of ActiveX controls, ie. comboboxes and lists. There is also a second document opened, that contains data which is used in the document. I have no single clue why the application crashes. It seems to happen at random, but more often when I have not saved for a while. Is there anyone that can help me out here?
Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Regards,

Martien

I forgot to say: Excel version is 2002 + SP-2

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
the problem seems to occur always when i have filled a certain combobox, referring to a 10k items list, and have run a macro afterwards. Should I post the macro? (its very large)

Upvote 0
Is there noone who can help me? :cry:
I have already found out that it can have something to do with network settings. The template is on a network drive, and the result will also be saved somewhere on the network. I think the network uses Novell, but I'm not sure.
Please :rolleyes: me, I am completely stuck. I can send you the workbooks if neccessary.

Upvote 0
I tested the workbooks on a local harddisk instead of network, with no effect. The application still crashes.

Upvote 0
one last time, can anyone please help me? I'm completely stuck. The application won't save whenever the filename is changed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back