excel.currentworkbook()

henryg

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a (power) query created from a blank query where the source is excel.currentworkbook(), so that all tables are loaded and which I then filter as needed in the query. It's been working well for some time and I have had no need to do anything other than refresh it as needed, but when I went into the query editor today to check the source, I got a LONG error message which means nothing to me, and is pasted at the end of the this post. The query will still update though.

I also deleted the existing query and tried to recreate it but got the same error result. And as a test, I used the same technique on another existing workbook and it worked as I expected, but nothing will get it to work any more with this one workbook. Sorry, I can't upload it here.

I saw this technique in a video somewhere, and don't have the knowledge to work out what is now going wrong.

Henry

Here's the error message, sorry for the long post

Unexpected error: Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
Details:
Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Shim.NativeExcelException: Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED)) ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Interop.NativeExcelInteropUtils.ValidateResult(Int32 result, Int32[] expectedValues)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.NativeExcelFunctionsC2RBase.Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.INativeExcelFunctions.TryGetNamedObjectProperties(IntPtr workbookPointer, String name, NamedObjectProperties& namedObjectProperties)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelHost.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<TryGetTable>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SynchronizationContextExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0`1.<SendAndMarshalExceptions>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SynchronizationContextExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass2_1.<SendAndMarshalExceptions>b__0(Object null)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.CaptureAndRethrow(Exception e)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SynchronizationContextExtensions.SendAndMarshalExceptions(SynchronizationContext context, Action callback)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SynchronizationContextExtensions.SendAndMarshalExceptions[T](SynchronizationContext context, Func`1 callback)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelHost.TryGetTable(PackageReference packageReference, String tableName, Int32 skip, Int32 take, Byte[]& content, Boolean& columnNamesGenerated, String& errorMessage)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.Evaluation.ExcelService.TryGetTable(String name, Int32 skip, Int32 count, IDataReader& dataReader, Boolean& columnNamesGenerated, String& errorMessage)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.Evaluation.Services.RemoteExcelServiceFactory.Stub.OnTableRequest(IMessageChannel channel, TableRequestMessage request)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.ChannelMessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.OnMessageWithUnknownChannel(IMessageChannel baseChannel, MessageWithUnknownChannel messageWithUnknownChannel)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.ChannelMessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.IMessageChannelExtensions.WaitFor[T](IMessageChannel channel)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.PreviewValueSource.WaitFor(Func`1 condition, Boolean disposing)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.PreviewValueSource.get_SmallValue()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.TracingPreviewValueSource.get_SmallValue()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.Analysis.PackageDocumentAnalysisInfo.PackagePartitionAnalysisInfo.SetPreviewValue(EvaluationResult2`1 result, Func`1 getStaleSince, Func`1 getSampled)

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back