Excel Dashboard Advice

stirish

I am wondering if I can get suggestions from the experts here how best to proceed. I am trying to take my companies 10 sales goals and turn the monthly data into a dashboard so that my boss can quickly view progress. Each goal has a production number, goal, and deficit/surplus to goal. The goals aren’t broken down by segment, but is holistic.

My question is how best to do this? Numbers are updated monthly. So right now I have January’s data and February’s will soon finalize.

How best to impress with visualization and functionality?

Thank you in advance. This forum is amazing!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
There are quite a lot of things you could do with excel, I used to setup-produce quite a few dashboards for companies when i was consulting
RAG status showing status compared to last month - with arrows - using conditional formattin
some chart showing current v goal
it varies considerably depending on the organisation culture and also the type of goals and targets

There are also a lot of add-ins you can buy to help visualize a dashboard
However, I tried to keep it very very simple
for one board group - it had to be on paper and so the excel feed into a powerpoint template
Once the draft was accepted , i was then able to automate so when the date was added into the dashboard all the figures would update and then feed into the powerpoint and print off a "pack" which included any commentary from the directors of those departments assigned the KPI
Some were monthly, some quarterly and some annual with seasonality

I also tried to keep the KPI to around 5 or 7 at maximum , with a drill down summary

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back