Excel Defined Name Manager Not Working to a Link Database

legalhustler

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Afternoon.

I have Excel worksheet that is linked to a Access Table. I imported the Access Table to Excel (which creates a dynamic Excel table) I then simply added two extra columns (which uses a formula) at the end of the Excel table then created a defined named for the whole table with the additional columns as "LogTable". I then created defined names for the two individual columns as "Quarter" and "CycleTime".

I wanted to do some further analysis on the data and tried to use the formula nomenclatures, such as LogTable[Quarter] or LogTable[CycleTime], but the [Quarter] and [CycleTime] does not show as defined names, only the LogTable. Is it because it's not part of the import process? How can I get it to work?

TIA!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Ok, I was able to figure it. When I imported the database it defined the Table name already (Found out by highlighting the Quarter/CycleTime column after entering a formula). I had to use the original Table name that was given when I imported the Access Table. Now it picks up the Quarter and CycleTime defined names :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back