Excel didn't save changes: also, tab disappeared

MSC

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. MacOS
I'm using Excel 2011 for Mac. It's worked great for all the years I've had it on the same Macbook Air.

I use a simple Excel file for all my notes, etc. for my life coaching business. About 10 tabs in total. Edited it yesterday midafternoon after I bought a URL from GoDaddy.com, and then added more notes during dinnertime.

Last night at 9pm I noticed that the tab where I put the GoDaddy info was completely gone (I checked, there are no tabs to ‘unhide’), and another tab where I made notes has none of the new stuff I entered yesterday.

- I have not changed the filename ever since I first created the file a month ago.
-I rebooted yesterday around dinnertime, but Autosave is set to every 10 mins so it still should have captured the changes made beforehand in the afternoon, and afterward.
-I did a Finder find for 'GoDaddy" and it only came up with texts and emails, no files whatsoever.
-Nothing else with my Macbook Air seems to be amiss.
-The file is saved to Dropbox. I could -maybe- attribute it to some type of 'blip' with Dropbox, but the changes were made over course of several hours, and at no point did I delete any tabs.

Thoughts?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Actually just solved it: when you open Excel for Mac, it doesn't show Autorecover path the way (I think) a PC does. So I went to this out-of-the-way folder and retrieved a version here. It had 90% of what I needed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back