Excel e-mail alert

lucas_10

Hey there everyone,
I have Ben stuck for a while, I was asked to create an email alert whenever the each cell in row Q reaches the number 15. Iv tried many ABA codes from Rounding (Send a mail when a cell reaches a certain value), and have no problem with the email macro but can't seem to get my code to call the macro.

If anyone could give me a pox I would be grateful.
Thank you

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Welcome to the board. I'm not going to give you the pox but I'll try and help with your macro...

You need to create the right event to run the code automatically. Ron's piece of code uses the Worksheet_Change event, which runs whenever you change that worksheet. However, your requirement suggests you may not be changing the worksheet, only recalculating it. You may instead be changing a different worksheet or workbook, or incrementing something through a piece of code. Whatever - you need to consider what is triggering the change in this value, and set an event accordingly

Events can include workbook events (workbook open, before save, before close etc) and worksheet events (activate, deactivate, change, selection change, before calculate etc). They can be found as follows:
- open the VB Editor
- activate the worksheet (or workbook) code module by double-clicking
- you'll see 2 dropdowns above your code window. From the (general) dropdown, select Worksheet. If you have no other events set up, then the Worksheet_SelectionChange event is created
- for your purposes you may want the calculate event, so change the second dropdown. You'll see this event created

These pieces of code that are created will run whenever the relevant circumstances arise. If they contain no other code then you wont see anything, but they still run. Have an explore of all the different events available, have a play to see what each does, and decide which one suits you best

You can place your main piece of code in a normal code module and simply call it from the event code.

##WARNING## There is a danger with events, in that you can trigger a terminal loop. For example, if your code runs whenever you change the sheet, and your code itself changes the sheet, it will keep calling itself ad infinitum. Use application.enableevents = false / true to switch the events feature off when you need to prevent this happening

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nonnakkong

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back