Excel End Time Calculation Based on hours and Start Time

keyravimca

Hi All - I need your help to find out a way to calculate the end time based on Start Time and hours. For instance, I have 9 AM in COL A and 32 hours in Col B, Col C should reflect 6.00 PM irrespective of the date. The reason is every day i am working 8 hours per day and my timing starts at 9.00 AM and ends at 6.00 PM, considering the 1 hour lunch, 32 hours will be in between 9.00 AM (Monday) to 6.00 PM (Thursday). It needs to be reset the end time if it exceeds more than 8 hours. Please note i dont need which day at all only timing is fine for me. your help greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I have done exactly that some time ago, send me a PM and I will send you the file :cool:

hu

Upvote 0
Hi K,

I just need your email address so I can send you something I have created some time ago.
It shows starting time, break time and end time, calculates the total of hours per week and compares with target hours.
you will need to work a bit the formats, that's why it will be easier to send the file to you (and honestly I don't remember all the steps :rolleyes:).

Hu

Upvote 0
Hi Husoi - I tried using the excel file you gave but it not meet my expectation. what i am expecting is Col A (Start Date is 5 Dec 2016), COL B (start time is 2.00 PM), COL C (Hours is 14) then COL D end date should be automatically populate to 6 Dec 2016. If the COL C (Hours is 21 then end date should be 7 Dec or so)...

My day to day timings is start at 9.00 Am to 6.00 PM. Lunch is 1 to 2 PM. If possible kindly help here...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
that changes everything, you will need the formulas DATE() and TIME() combined to evaluate the both cells. I'll update the spreadsheet and send it again ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back