DoesNotExcel

Problem: Cell A2 can be either "Categ 1" or "Categ 2". If Categ 1 is selected, a drop down list is provided in B1. Based on selection in B1's drop down list, its relative value is shown below in B2.
If Categ 2 is selected in A2, then a completely different list is shown in B1, and based on that item selection in B1's list, a different value is shown below in B2.

Equipment CostB1-SelectionC1-Selection
Dropdown - Cat 1 or Cat 2Cost based on SelectionCost Based on selection

<tbody>
</tbody>

I have a drop down list located in A2. I can select up to two options. If I select Cat 1, then a list automatically populates in Cells B1, C1, and so on. Of the list, I choose item 4. After choosing this item, a price automatically populates below. Same thing happens for C1 with a different item chosen.

Now, if I select Cat 2, in A2, then a completely different list populates in Cells B1, C1 and so on. Now, when I choose an item from this list, the corresponding price auto populates as well.

This is my goal, the problem is, I can only get the price to automatically populate for one item. I'm using Vlookup. If I choose a different category, pick an item from another list, then I receive an "N/A". What equations do I need in order to make this happen. Please, from step one to step whatever. Not an excel major, just trying to make life easier in my sales department.

thanks in advance,
-DoesNotExcel:confused:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back