excel errors were detected while saving....

JonasTiger

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
I can't save a file (very important one) with more than 20 sheets, all linked by formulae and queries (powerquery). It represents a very longtime work with very sensitive data in my job.
I've been googling for anykind of fixing, without sucess. Every options I've found, none of them results (change name, type or location).
Is there a way to repair or recover this? And what's the alternative to prevent that in the future?

Thanks
JT

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
What error are you getting?
Msgbox - Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Users\....*xlsb'. Microsoft Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairs in a new file, click Continue. To cancel saving file, click Cancel.
Then
Msgbox - Excel encountered errors during save. However, Excel was able to minimally save your file to C\Users\...\AppData\ROaming\Microsoft\Excel\XL31FB.xlsb
I click OK and then
Msgbox - Repairs to '...*.xlsb' - Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attemped to save your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted

Upvote 0
Do you happen to have the main doc saved on a shared network drive or sharepoint site where you could grab the last version of it?

Upvote 0
Do you happen to have the main doc saved on a shared network drive or sharepoint site where you could grab the last version of it?
No, it is saved in a foulder in MyDocuments.
This happened in a laptop with office 365

Upvote 0
Assuming the laptop is functioning fine and other files save properly, I fear you may be out of luck. You said you tried a different location...that would have been my next suggestion, ie thumbdrive or cloud storage. Hopefully you have a recent backup saved somewhere. A couple of technical alternatives that may yield positive results:
1. system restore your laptop to a day prior to the file damage.
2. Check the shadow file to see if you can grab a good copy from there. Here's a brief explanation: What Are “Shadow Copies”, and How Can I Use Them to Copy Locked Files?

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back