Excel Export Data to Notepad

RoseDeSang

Hello Wondrous Excel Magicians,

I am here today to ask for your help. I have created an excel workbook that acts like a character planner for a game. A person launches up the excel workbook and they only see 1 worksheet titled "CalculatorV5". There are of course other worksheets one of which is titled "Final Build". Now on the "Final Build" worksheet I have taken all the pertinent information the user gave me in "CalculatorV5" and made a neat layout with stat and skill names in Column A and their respective values in Column B.

Now the reason I am here is that I want to put a command button in "CalculatorV5" that will export the data in Columns A & B in "Final Build" - separated with a space - to a notepad text file for easy viewing, printing, sharing, etc. I appreciate any help you can give me and if you need any more information just let me know.

Sincerely,
Rose

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Welcome to MrExcel.

Turn on the Macro recorder and save the worksheet as a Text (Tab Delimited) (*.txt) file. Turn off the Macro recorder and you will have some starter code.

Upvote 0
I thought of some additional information I should give, but I couldn't find a way to edit my previous post so I am simply replying.

The cells in columns A & B that I need to export are 1 through 141. Also instead of separating the two columns with a space I'd prefer to use "tab" if possible for easier reading. If we can't use tab can we use " = " as shown in quotes? I"m not sure what the limits are, so if nothing as complex as either of those is available we can just stick with a space. Again thank you for your help.

@Andrew Poulsom
I don't know how to save just a single worksheet and a cursory expedition of google shows only ways to export a worksheet as a separate workbook which isn't what I want nor do I think would benefit me learning how to properly make the macro/vba code I am attempting to make. Could you explain how I can save a single worksheet as a text file?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have solved my own problem. Sorry to have wasted anyone's time and for taking up space on this forum. I realized a way to work around what I wanted to do that I think in the end is much better. - For anyone who ends up google searching this, I did not actually do what was stated in the opening post, I created a work around.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back