Excel Fault - Command Buttons / Objects shifting to the left

michaeldh

Board Regular
Hi Guys,

I think there is a fault in Excel which I have noticed for some time now, but was hoping to see if anyone has any answers to this issue.

In my spreadsheet I have a command button with a print macro attached to it. Whenever I execute the macro the button shifts to the left of the page for no explained reason.

This problem has surfaced in many spreadsheets and there is no reason for this to happen.

Has anyone experienced this problem ? Any solutions ? I am using Office 2002

I might have to add some code...

Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementRight 414.75

Thanks.

Mike.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
michaeldh

I believe that one of my work colleagues had this problem and I am pretty sure that they were also using Excel 2002 at the time. In their case, it was a Check Box not a Command Button and it was originally placed on the right hand side of the page (say about column M). Each time they printed (or print previewed) the Check Box moved about three columns left until it eventually got to the left of the page where it then stayed.

My memory is a bit hazy, but I think in searching the Microsoft Knowledge Base a solution was found. I think it involved downloading and installing a 'patch', or possibly just installing the latest Office Service Pack. I guess that I would first ensure the latest Service Pack is installed, then go looking further if the problem persists.

Sorry that I can't be more precise, but I think you can be confident that there is a fix.

Upvote 0
See if it helps if you right click on the button (if it's an activex button then enter Design Mode first), left click on Format Control, and on the Properties tab, select "Don't move or size with cells".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back