Excel file not saving!

touque

Board Regular
we have an excel file that is being stored in Onedrive and it doesn't seem to be saving. Changes have been implemented a couple of times and when it gets opened the next time the previous days changes are not there. I am just curious if something like this is happening with Onedrive, has anyone heard of this?
another factor could be the size of the file as it has 1 summary sheet and then 240 more sheets (tabs) with fairly simple spreadsheet data with about 10 lines each. I think the file is about 2Mb.
Another issue may be is that the inputter is a newbie and may not be doing things right as one anomaly I noticed was the version she sent today had the number 12 at the end of the title. Almost looks like she may have 12 different versions of the file!

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
The file was probably saved to the user's default drive instead of OneDrive. Check the user's default directory and see if you find the file there with the changes that were made. This is a common clerical error that is made with a user doing a SaveAs on a filie that is normally stored on an external drive. They forget to include the file path as part of the SaveAs file name, so Excel automatically reverts to default drive.. A regular save action would save it to the directory it currently resides in, but SaveAs must define the directory path if other than default.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you JLG, that Is good to know. I am gonna drop by the office tomorrow and we will walk through how she saved them.

Upvote 0
Solved! I thought it was worse than it actually was. Only our Friday's changes did not save and we are 99% sure she did not hit "save" and autosave was off.
I thought there was more data missing but she did not input that data in this file yet.
That is a good point to remember when using the "save as" feature JLG. I did warn her of that possible trap for the future.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back