Excel Filter

Sayand007

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All

I will give you a brief about the problem. There are a number of entities that are required for a particular object. Now there are numerous objects where due to manual entry the same entity can be entered. I want to figure our how we can input the entity number and get the list of objects along with their start and end dates to find the clashes. There are multiple rows with objects and entities.

The data format is as below:

Object Entities Date of Start Date of completion
Xyz. DSSR21, DSSR43 11 August. 16 August

Also is there any possibility of preparing an automated Gantt chart from the above table.

P.S: Multiple entities are mentioned in the same row and are separarted by commas.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
If the elements in each line had a standard separator and the last 2 entries in each line were dates in a standard format then each of the entities could be assigned to those dates in a new table. The format you showed in the single line and the qualification "manual entry" leaves me to doubt that a completely successful conversion could be made since the 4 separators shown are (period space) (comma space) (space) (period space) have 3 different formats. Is the day always 2 digits? Are all dates in the same year? Are the months always spelled out and spelled correctly?

Once the data was parsed it would be arranged in a table as shown in the link below. Follow the other instructions on that page to get the Gantt chart. The steps they should could be automated once the input data is in that tabular format.

Provide 50 more lines of data and I will see if/how the conversion to separate entities with common dates could be done

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back