Excel finding Duplicates From a Range of values of a column

shekhor

Hello Experts,

I am working with 4 columns where I am need a formula where it will check if the one director or directors of one company is exactly with the same name and same number of the company just next to the first one. For example please check the below table where for the both company "KINLOCH TEXTILES LIMITED" and "KINTEX MFG LIMITED" have one director each and its the same person. But still I dont want it as "KINTEX MFG LIMITED" is just not right after the company "KINLOCH TEXTILES LIMITED". After "KINLOCH TEXTILES LIMITED" there are 3 more companies ( "KINS DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED", "KINS HOLDINGS LIMITED", "KINSMAN REEDS LIMITED") before "KINTEX MFG LIMITED".

But if you check the both companies "KINS DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED", "KINS HOLDINGS LIMITED" they consist the same number of directors and also all the directors are the same more that that the company "KINS HOLDINGS LIMITED" is just after the company "KINS DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED".

So what I need is a separate column where it will say just beside those company as its duplicate directors. As I am looking for real time result it will be helpful if someone create formulas for it. But if anyone can't create formulas rather than fix it by creating macros than it will also work as with that I can check the whole sheet by running the macro once after completing my task on the spreadsheet. But the formula will save my huge time. So it will be great if you guys can help me out with formulas. Thank you in advance.

Excel 2012
ABCD
1RegCompanyDirectorAddress
201118702KING TOOL INTERNATIONAL LIMITEDDEREK JOHN O'NEILLBICTON, SLEEPERS HILL, WINCHESTER, HANTS, SO22 4NB
301118702KING TOOL INTERNATIONAL LIMITEDIAN KEITH PARGETER19, LOWER SWANWICK ROAD, SOUTHAMPTON, SWANWICK, SO31 7HG
401118702KING TOOL INTERNATIONAL LIMITEDMARINA LOUISE THOMAS120, GARLAND ROAD, POOLE, DORSET, BH15 2LD
502739873KINIKI LIMITEDJOHN WILLIAM WALKER20, PARK DRIVE, STOKE ON TRENT, TRENTHAM, ST4 8AB
6SC032574KINLOCHBERVIE FISHSELLING COMPANY LIMITEDGRAHAM GOOD218, QUEENS ROAD, ABERDEEN, AB15 8DJ
7SC032574KINLOCHBERVIE FISHSELLING COMPANY LIMITEDIAN CLARK WOOD42, RUBISLAW DEN SOUTH, ABERDEEN, AB15 4BB
8SC032574KINLOCHBERVIE FISHSELLING COMPANY LIMITEDWILLIAM MCKENZIE10, MARKET TERRACE, FRASERBURGH, STRICHEN, ABERDEENSHIRE, AB43 6TS
901370299KINLOCH TEXTILES LIMITEDJAMES PHILIP SUTCLIFFE WALKERTHE LAWN 16, CHAPEL HILL HOPTON, MIRFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRE, WF14 8EW
1000688414KINS DEVELOPMENTS LIMITEDALAN JAMES CULLENSWOODCOTE GROVE, ASHLEY ROAD, EPSOM, SURREY, KT18 5BW
1100688414KINS DEVELOPMENTS LIMITEDHEATH STEWART DREWETTDIOCESAN CHURCH HOUSE, NORTH HINKSEY LANE, OXFORD, BOTLEY, OX2 0NB
1200688414KINS DEVELOPMENTS LIMITEDRICHARD WEBSTER75, MINSTER ROAD, GODALMING, BUSBRIDGE, SURREY, GU7 1SR
1300688415KINS HOLDINGS LIMITEDALAN JAMES CULLENSWOODCOTE GROVE, ASHLEY ROAD, EPSOM, SURREY, KT18 5BW
1400688415KINS HOLDINGS LIMITEDHEATH STEWART DREWETTDIOCESAN CHURCH HOUSE, NORTH HINKSEY LANE, OXFORD, BOTLEY, OX2 0NB
1500688415KINS HOLDINGS LIMITEDRICHARD WEBSTER75, MINSTER ROAD, GODALMING, BUSBRIDGE, SURREY, GU7 1SR
1602240075KINSMAN REEDS LIMITEDHENRY KENNEDY FAURE WALKERSANDON BURY, BUNTINGFORD, SANDON, HERTS, SG9 0QY
1702240075KINSMAN REEDS LIMITEDPAUL ANTHONY HUNTER58, CHURCH STREET, WEYBRIDGE, SURREY, KT13 8DP
1800536498KINTEX MFG LIMITEDJAMES PHILIP SUTCLIFFE WALKERTHE LAWN 16, CHAPEL HILL HOPTON, MIRFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRE, WF14 8EW
1901558087KINVEL DEVELOPMENTS LIMITEDBALWANT SINGH RAI84, BLACKWATCH ROAD, COVENTRY, CV6 3GW
2001558087KINVEL DEVELOPMENTS LIMITEDMONAHAR SINGH RAICOLINTON HOUSE, LEICESTER ROAD, BEDWORTH, WARWICKSHIRE, CV12 8AB
2101558087KINVEL DEVELOPMENTS LIMITEDMOHAN SINGH64, KENILWORTH ROAD, COVENTRY, CV4 7AH
2201558087KINVEL DEVELOPMENTS LIMITEDKULDIP AOJULAOLDBURY GRANGE, OLDBURY ROAD, NUNEATON, WARWICKSHIRE, CV10 0TJ
2300564454KIRBY'S OF HACKNEY LIMITEDMICHAEL ROBERT GOLDBERGER26, ASHLEY LANE, LONDON NW4, HENDON, NW4 1HG
2400564454KIRBY'S OF HACKNEY LIMITEDDAVID ALAN PEARLMAN31, LOWER BROOK STREET, IPSWICH, IP4 1AQ
Sheet1
<br /><br />

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
need of a formula where it will check if the director or directors of one company is exactly exist with the same name along with the same number of directors with the company just next to the first one.

But if you check the both companies "KINS DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED", "KINS HOLDINGS LIMITED" they consist the same number of directors and also all the directors are the same.

both are contradictory statement.

Not sure what you need ? Can you mention your expected results ?

Regards,
DILIPandey

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back