Excel formatted table to pivot - sorting problems

kit99

Got 2000 rows of data in a sheet and columns A to AJ, including columns holding "incoming document date" and "todays date". I've made a column AJ "Number of days from incoming to today", using formula: "DAYS360(O2;U2;TRUE)". Number of days in AJ is correct, and when I sort this column (AJ), it sorts correct highest to lowest number of days. Data table is formatted using standard choices in the Home Ribbon.

But I want to display this in a Dashboard, so I've made myself a pivot table, adding column AJ (number of days) into the "values"-box and document number (uniqe for each row) into the "row labels"-box. And by using the "Filter top 10-function", I'm trying to display top 10 cases (rows).

My problem is that the pivot table won't sort values correct from highest to lowest - and I can't figure out why.
Column AJ in my data table is formatted as "standard". In my pivot table I've tried both "sum" and "max" (same result).
All rows are uniqe, and pivot table holds rows (and values) that I can trace back to my data table. They just isn't sorted correcty...

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Got 2000 rows of data in a sheet and columns A to AJ, including columns holding "incoming document date" and "todays date". I've made a column AJ "Number of days from incoming to today", using formula: "DAYS360(O2;U2;TRUE)". Number of days in AJ is correct, and when I sort this column (AJ), it sorts correct highest to lowest number of days. Data table is formatted using standard choices in the Home Ribbon.

But I want to display this in a Dashboard, so I've made myself a pivot table, adding column AJ (number of days) into the "values"-box and document number (uniqe for each row) into the "row labels"-box. And by using the "Filter top 10-function", I'm trying to display top 10 cases (rows).

My problem is that the pivot table won't sort values correct from highest to lowest - and I can't figure out why.
Column AJ in my data table is formatted as "standard". In my pivot table I've tried both "sum" and "max" (same result).
All rows are uniqe, and pivot table holds rows (and values) that I can trace back to my data table. They just isn't sorted correcty...

Any ideas?

Alarm is called off, error is found.
And (as usual) it's a case of my computer giving message: "Error source found between keyboard and chairback". :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back