Excel Formatting for "Save As PDF"

Haunz10

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm having issues in border formatting to produce a clean looking document after saving as a PDF. I need to use "Save as PDF" due to there being multiple tabs in my work book. This is an excel file that is updated weekly to present at my workplace in order to give updates on how we are tracking with our plans. The actual excel file itself now has normal, extra thick, bold, double line, and dotted borders. Each time I address one cell a different issue arises and some cells I just cant seem to be able to fix. I have spent way too much time on this already and am hoping someone can help me out here.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Try using the "Page Break Preview" in the View tab of the ribbon. This should show you what will be printed/Saved as PDF. You can tinker around with the sizing of each sheet by clicking and dragging the Blue Lines (both solid and dashed) and you can choose to exclude information from being printed. Anything in Dark Grey will be ignored when printing/saving to PDF.

Is that what you were looking for or was it more regarding the formatting of cells when saving to PDF?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thank for responding. That's something different than what I am dealing with. I simply want the formatting to come out the same in PDF as I see it in Excel. I used bold outline to make important number stand out and bold borders wont always show up on the PDF, or they will show up around different cells that where I had put them.

Upvote 0
I'm afraid I won't be able to help with that problem. At least with out seeing the source excel and how it is being formatted in PDF. Sorry. Best of Luck

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KB13

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back