Excel Formatting Glitch - Format Disappears

CV355

I have been plagued with this issue for years. Basically, on Excel sheets that have a good amount of aesthetic formatting, large areas do not refresh/render properly. The glitch is sporadic, but usually occurs where borders run between cells at a 45 degree angle. If the issue happens, changing zoom, scrolling the content off and then back on the page, or entering the border draw command causes it to refresh and display correctly.

Any ideas on what causes this? I have a series of documents that utilize this formatting and I would hate to deviate from it due to a glitch.

Here's a prime example:

21p05cn.png

307rg35.png

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I should clarify:

1) It does not affect printing
2) Some of the background colors are white, not [blank]. This issue happens regardless of cell color
3) Window/Screen split does not affect the issue- it happens either way
4) The 45 degree cell angle makes the issue worse, but it still happens with normal 0 and 90 cell formatting. 45 just fits the best for what I am trying to accomplish.
5) This isn't just on one spreadsheet. It has been happening to me on "fancy" spreadsheets since '08- just wasn't obnoxious enough to affect reporting

This is on a high visibility spreadsheet I created to track engineering resources, so it will be used and viewed by many people. For that reason, I cannot attach the file for further investigation as it contains proprietary business info. I could try to make a "sanitized" version if anyone is generous enough to help at that level.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Ah, sorry about the multiple posts- can't edit, so this is my only way to update info:

CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+F9 fixes the issue temporarily but it comes right back if I do any other command.

Upvote 0
Still no solution... I've been digging into it for hours this past weekend.

Any help is greatly appreciated. It is definitely a redraw issue

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amjad24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back