Excel formula that sums hours from everysheet sorted by date

mysticmario

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have this excel hours sheet which I would like to to automate summing up working hours for the entire month.
The formula that I ahve in mind has to check the date and the name of the employee and then sum all the data from each sheet across the entire workbook matchign those 2 conditions and print sum of the hours for this day into another sheet.
Here's the video showing what sheets are involved in the process.
Side note the hours are stored in each sheet seperated by project number, but every single sheet that has the hours always starts with text "Godziny"

I dont know if I explained it well, if you have nay follow up questions I will anwser them swiftly.
I can have this using VBA aswell, but this xlsm is packe dwith so much VBA that I think it would be better using the formula(maybe).
@edit In the video I have mistakenly added hours form 20.12 and 21.12. Of course what i mean is to sum hours from 20.12 which is 7 not 17, but you can see what i mean

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I've been searchign through web it deosnt seem possible to use formulas for that, unless someone is more knowledgable in this regard

Upvote 0
I figured the best way to start is to make SUMIFS formula which works on sheet, so i mae a mock up but still failed here's a Screenshot.
So in this example I want to pick hours of employee named "Janusz", the formula has to find employee name in column N, then find date from A10 in P7 to V7 range and sum hours fot that day and for that employee stored in P9 to V28 range.
1663757718384.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back