Excel formula to lookup multiple criteria in another workbook that MUST remain closed.

justmeok

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,
The above formula has proven to be more difficult than I expected. I need a formula to lookup date, then Store, then sales type and return the sales for that date for that site for that sales type. I have a few different formulas that do just that however they all require the source workbook to be open for the values to update. In this case we have multiple users but the source workbook must remain closed! An added complication is that both workbooks are stored on google drive so the google drive path is of course different for each user. If this is a complication that makes the above impossible we may be able to move the workbooks to a server although a google drive solution would be the preferred outcome. Example images of the workbooks attached.

So all you excel gurus out there is this even possible??? :unsure::rolleyes::biggrin:

We are using Office 365 on Windows platform

Attachments

• Source Workbook.JPG
    Source Workbook.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Store A Workbook.JPG
    Store A Workbook.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 13

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Thanks CesarF for your reply but I have tried that and due to the google drive path issue it still doesn't update the workbook. I am currently looking to see if OneDrive is an option

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back