Excel Formula/VBA-Conditional Sum to find contra from multiple entries

Akuini

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Hey Akuini,

While the code works absolutely brilliant, when I add a big volume, I get an error saying "Error found:Overflow"

Any idea?
Could you be more specific with what you mean by a big volume?

Try replacing all "Integer" with "Long" in this part:

Sub CombinationsNP2(vElements As Variant, p As Integer, vresult As Variant, lRow As Long, iElement As Integer, iIndex As Integer)
Dim i As Integer

so it becomes:

Sub CombinationsNP2(vElements As Variant, p As Long, vresult As Variant, lRow As Long, iElement As Long, iIndex As Long)
Dim i As Long

Miratshah

Board Regular
Could you be more specific with what you mean by a big volume?
When I tried to run this macro on rows about 60000 rows, It ran once and in next few runs, I got an error of Overflow.

I will try to replace "integer" with "long" as per your suggestion.

Miratshah

Board Regular
Hi Akuini,

I tried to replace Integer with Long, however still no luck.
Strangely I could execute the old Macro on huge data. Not sure why sometimes it does not run and five overflow error.

One more thing, for 1 job, there can be multiple combinations which are marked as contra. Can this Macro highlight which all combinations are contra with each other? For example, if I have 500 lines of which, 300 are contra, Can i know within these 300, which rows are contra against which rows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linford

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...