Excel found a problem with one or more formula references in this worksheet...

figment222

Check that the cell references, range names, defined names, and links to other workbooks in your formulas are all correct.

Could they be more vague? I see this message every time I add a row to a table anywhere in my workbook. Fortunately, it still let's me save, but I hate this error and I cannot figure out what the problem is. I've been all over the internet and have done extensive, extensive troubleshooting. Allow me to summarize.

I have a sheet with a table representing a personal budget with actuals that give me remaining, which I divide up by the number of remaining days in the month, so I can project forward, what my spending will look like. Great. I read an article about a clever way to chart it out, which involved a bunch of named ranges with some sorting functions nested in, which are then referenced by the chart. Chart looks good, but it was right around that time I started getting this error and I've gone through it with a fine tooth comb with no results on the culprit.

I even went so far as to copy the sheet to another workbook to isolate it. Still getting the error. I checked all the references. I've deleted the named ranges/defined names. I've deleted the chart. I've deleted the supporting data. I've deleted the conditional formatting. I added a new sheet and created a small table with no data. adding a row gives me the error. I finally deleted the sheet I copied over and was able to go without the error. Something is messing it up and I don't know what.

For some reason, when I copied the sheet over to the new workbook, it creates a link back to the original. When I break this link, the problem goes away. Unfortunately, this not the root cause, since the original file has no external links. I'm at my wits end.

I'd post the file, but I don't see a way to do that and using the XL2BB add-on won't really apply, because it will only include a range and this issue is much deeper.

Open to ideas.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Have you tried evaluating the formula
1680908155443.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back