Excel Fun - Slot machine Style Result

Ranger32195

Board Regular
Hello all,

For a bit of fun in Excel I have an If argument with 2 possible outcomes where I'd like the result to appear to spin (slot machine style) in the cell before settling on the result.

Is this possible?

Many Thanks

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Yes it is. I have done similar things myself. Typically though, it is really just a series of pictures that you cycle through in a timed interval to give off the illusion.

Basically, you get a series of photos (Think like a flip book), name them all the same thing but append a number to the end of each, in ascending order (if you have 8 pictures, they would named "Name_1", "Name_2", "Name_3", Name_4", etc..till 8)

Then, during your "spin" kick off a routine that cycles through those pictures, updating a picture frame on your form with the new picture, and uses a delay (the delay starts of LOW and then gets higher to simulate speed and slowing down) to control the affect.

If you need help with this, let me know. I have most of that code already written

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes it is. I have done similar things myself. Typically though, it is really just a series of pictures that you cycle through in a timed interval to give off the illusion.

Basically, you get a series of photos (Think like a flip book), name them all the same thing but append a number to the end of each, in ascending order (if you have 8 pictures, they would named "Name_1", "Name_2", "Name_3", Name_4", etc..till 8)

Then, during your "spin" kick off a routine that cycles through those pictures, updating a picture frame on your form with the new picture, and uses a delay (the delay starts of LOW and then gets higher to simulate speed and slowing down) to control the affect.

If you need help with this, let me know. I have most of that code already written

Thank you Steve. To be honest, I wouldn't really know where to start. If I could have the code it would be great.

I'll give it a bash in the meantime - Thanks again

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back