Excel function in Access

RudeRam

Board Regular
Please bare with me on this question:

In Excel I have worksheets that track vehicle mileage for oil changes and such, I have it set to turn red, yellow, green based on formulas. The formulas are derived from cell C6-B5. The values for B5 are obtained from a pivot table. I can then link each vehicles last known ending mileage to B5 cell in each work book

My question is can this be done in access also? I know I can set the format that’s no big deal; the deal I am running into is the pivot table issue.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Rick

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Yes, this can be done in Access very easily.

You would create two tables - one to store vehicle information and one to store each vehicles mileage and service information (might even look at three tables here). You would create a form to display this information. You enter the formulas via code into this form and allow access to change field colors based on the same criteria your spreadsheet uses.

No idea what you're doing with the pivot table...

Upvote 0
Long story short was bring info from another ws into the ws I was talking about PT made easier to look at the data

Upvote 0
The pivot table would make your life a lot easier in Excel but for Access, if you want to see all mileage for a range of vehicles you can do it with a Totals query.
Same if you want to see the last mileage record...

If you have Access XP or higher you can build a PivotForm with similar functionality to the Excel PTs. But it's unlikely that you will need it for a data lookup, purely because Access works differently and its query engine will extract the data very efficiently.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gb24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back