Excel function to display Fraction data as is

ChrisChris1990

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have a huge data with answers Yes, No, N/A. In total, let’s say they sum to 300. Now I need to display in each total their respective counts, for example Yes: 150/300; No: 100/300; NA: 50/300 without excel reducing it or simplifying the fractions. Thanks in advance for your help

And I only chose Up to 2 digits for the fraction formatting
For your data example, as I understand it, the OP wants the result 9/15 not 3/5 as per my previous quote
without excel reducing it or simplifying the fractions.

.. or with the OP's example the required result was 150/300 (as your earlier text formula would produce), not 1/2 that your latest combination of formula & formatting would give.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
@Peter_SSs
Agreed, but if the OP wants to carry out other mathematical processes, the value will be the same ( even though the OP doesn't want to see it in that way)....otherwise I'm guessing it will either need to be a text result OR a VBA solution, which I think you alluded to earlier.

Upvote 0
@Peter_SSs
Agreed, but if the OP wants to carry out other mathematical processes, the value will be the same ( even though the OP doesn't want to see it in that way)....otherwise I'm guessing it will either need to be a text result OR a VBA solution, which I think you alluded to earlier.
For your data example, as I understand it, the OP wants the result 9/15 not 3/5 as per my previous quote

.. or with the OP's example the required result was 150/300 (as your earlier text formula would produce), not 1/2 that your latest combination of formula & formatting would give.
Yes, my values have to be in its original fractional format and not reduced or simplified. Both ways would definitely work, whether the values returned are in TEXT or NUMERICAL values. I just need to know if I will be needing to carry out further calculations with it in the future so I would know if I should use the VBA codes, or the TEXT syntax is enough.
Thanks to both of you guys!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back