Excel functions/formulas

micheleatnestle

Hi, I need some assistance on an excel function/formula. My goal is to create a function/ formula to match 3 columns of information. I am trying to match a course name, the date the course was taken, and the id# associated with that date. Any help would be awesome! If you need to see a portion of the spreadsheet, I will email a copy.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Hi there, welcome to the board!

Can you please try to describe your worksheet for us? No need to email anything. Just tell us how your data is structured. Things like, where headers are, which row data starts on, where it goes to, dimensions, data types, etc. Then tell us what you're expecting in the end. You're a bit vague on that end. Matching 3 columns, ok, but matching with what, and where?

For tips on posting your sheet, take a look at this thread.

Upvote 0
Wow, that was quick. Thank you. Yep, sorry about the vagueness, it is a monster project and my brain is slowly turning into oatmeal. ;)

I have 4 headers titled Event ID#/ (I assigned a group of text and numbers to the course name) - USA-NUSA-5415-0001
Employee Date (date the employee(s) attended the course) - 06/26/2012
Course Date (date the course was offered) - 6/26/2012
Session ID # (I assigned a number to each date the course was offered) 5415000001

My goal is to sync the Event ID#, Employee Date, and the Session ID#.

For example: Event ID#(course name) USA-NUSA-5415-0001 is offered on 6/26/2012 and 5 employees took the class on that day, how can I automatically assigned the Session ID# associated with that date (6/26/2012) so that the Session ID# is listed 5 times next to 6/26/2012.

I hope this is clear.

Thanks

Michele

Upvote 0
Hi Zack,

I haven't heard back from you, so is it safe to assume that there is no answer to my problem? Please advise.

Thanks!

Michele

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back