Excel generated =+GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures] formula results in #REF! error

Sebbo

Hi,
I have a pivot table whose source data is a powerpivot model. When I try and reference a cell from the pivot table in another formula I get a #REF! error. As an example the pivot table is as follows:

and the formula that has the #REF! result is:

=+GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[Sum of Sale]",$A$1,"[Qlikview data].[Posting Date (Year)]","[Qlikview data].[Posting Date (Year)].&[2015]","[Bainbridge LtdVendor].[Currency Code]","[Bainbridge LtdVendor].[Currency Code].&[EUR]")

Any and all help would be appreciated!

thanks
Sebbo

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Hi Sebbo, A #REF! error result from a GETPIVOTDATA formula typically occurs because the combination of pivot fields and pivot items is not visible in the Pivot Table that is currently displayed.

Even if your formula was initially generated by Excel through your selection of a cell in the Pivot Table, that #REF! error can occur when the Pivot Table is refreshed, filtered, or otherwise changed in such a way that the value is no longer displayed.

BTW, The image that you tried to link points to your local computer, so no one except you can see that image in your post.

Upvote 0
Thanks Jerry, that sorted it. I can't even see the image so obviously did something very wrong. Its my first post but I will learn! thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanGirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back