Excel/Google Sheet Index Formula Sorting

brchiz

Hello, I am working on a spreadsheet using Google Sheets and would like to get the following formula to sort the results. I believe it is currently returning the results in the order they are found. I would like them to sport based on a specific column of results. I have found that most excel formulas work on Google Sheets, however, if this should be posted in a separate forum please let me know.

Here is the formula being used in the first column, the results are dates (sorting should be based on this column):

=
ArrayFormula(IFERROR(INDEX((ASHLeases!$M$2:$M$2000),SMALL(IF(TRUE=ASHLeases!$Q$2:$Q$2000,ROW(ASHLeases!$Q$2:$Q$2000)-ROW(ASHLeases!$Q$2)+1),ROW(1:1))),""))

I use the same formula for several columns, just changing the index cell but they all go together to create the report, here is an example of the next column... it would also be sorted by the results from the column above:

=ArrayFormula(IFERROR(INDEX((ASHLeases!$L$2:$L$2000), SMALL(IF(TRUE=ASHLeases!$Q$2:$Q$2000, ROW(ASHLeases!$Q$2:$Q$2000)-ROW(ASHLeases!$Q$2)+1), ROW(1:1))),"" ))

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back