Excel Header with rows repeating at top

jbeck2862

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
  3. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I was able to get excel to print with rows 1-14 repeating at the top. I also got the header to show the correct page number and number of pages. the problem is that I cannot get both at the same time. Is there a way to do this? Right now rows 1-14 take up 3.25" of space. I need the header margin at 2.75". If I set the header margin to anything 3.25 or less (where the repeating rows are) it does not show up. If I set the header margin to 3.5 or more then I can see the header. Is there something I am missing? I would like the header to be in a specific location inside of the repeating row.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
In Margins what do you have Top set to and what do you have Header set to ?
And is the issue only when you print or can you see it in Print Preview as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In Margins what do you have Top set to and what do you have Header set to ?
And is the issue only when you print or can you see it in Print Preview as well.
My margins are set to 0 except the header margin which I set to 3.5 (it is not visible any lower than that). It is the same in print preview as well as printing. Anything lower than 3.5 on the header margin and the header becomes not visible. I have included a picture of my margin settings and I have included a picture of my excel sheet showing the location of the header vs. where I would like it to be.

Attachments

• excelheader.png
    excelheader.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 11
  • excelheader2.png
    excelheader2.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
I can not replicate your issue it is working fine for me.
eg 4 and 2.5 both position the custom header appropriately on the page. (above and below your 3.5 threshold)
Are you able to share your workbook via dropbox, onedrive, google drive or some other sharing platform, and post the link here ?
You sheet looks like a form and I am wondering if Merged cells are causing an issue.
If you want to do an extra check at your end, try the same print settings on a sheet that is just normal rows of data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back