EXCEL HELP?

philbobag

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi eveyone,

so im stuck, basically what i want to be able to do is when i change the month in the top left hand corner, all the cells in the table change, so each month i can see the different data entries,

i have managed to do this with the dates so when i change the month/year the dates down the left hand side all change but im stuck on how to also change the entire table so i can see different data entries.

1664789325818.png

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
The way you have hidden all the information how shall we know what exactly you want in those columns?

Upvote 0
The way you have hidden all the information how shall we know what exactly you want in those columns?

its irrelevant that's the reason its not visible, the blank cells next to the dates are the ones that eventually are going to be full of data, that's what i am wanting to change

1664802286436.png

Upvote 0
got some clarity. Now the question is - the data you want to be in those columns would be somewhere else in the excel sheet/workbook and you want to pull pull that data here as per the month above or date of the row. Right?

Upvote 0
well the idea i had was like the image below, so every time i changed the month the data would change relating to what i had added that month?

Does that make sense?

so im in September below, if i went back a month to august the data would all change relating to what i had added that month?

thats what im wanting to achieve

1664804222815.png

Upvote 0
so every time i changed the month the data would change relating to what i had added that month
Honestly what you are PROBABLY trying to is create an input format and
What you want is that Excel should store that data and retrieve it as per the month (input) you give in a cell say A1

What you need to understand is - the feature you want to use is used to retrieve an already save data in a particular format or what is called data Analysis.

Retrieving the way you want is not possible unless you have some database at the back to process.

Hope I'm able to make the point clear.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back