Excel: How to find a value based on three criteria, one of which must be the latest uodate-date in a given month.

Doge Robert

s a completely green member, I turn to you in the hopes of finding a solution to the following problem.
I have a table, where I need to sort data based on a downloaded sheet from a ministry. The data is updated every week, but I need to translate it into monthly values (basically the latest update-date in each month, for each category.)
The data is sorted first in column A in either blank (the total is signified by a blank cell), 1-4 weeks, 5-26 weeks, 17-52 weeks or 53+ weeks.
Secondly it is sorted by latest update-date. (Thus the latest date in each of the primary categories is always the topmost.
Third, the data is sorted by a list of fixed categories.
In the fourth column is the value.
My table needs to always find the lates value for the various months (having blank cells, if there isn't any data for that month yet), sorted in primary and secondary categories.
I need the output to be a formula (adapted by me to each cell), not vba.
I have added a link to the workbook in my google drive.
The first sheet is the table I am looking for help with, the second is the data. Please note that everything is in danish.. So you might not understand the actual words. And also that the data is not current. But it still shows how it is updated and downloaded.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B98V5C1mMxKPbm5FaHVRR0lzQ0lJTl9BSzN1cDFaeFp6ZXhJ/view?usp=drivesdk

I very much hope you can help me.
Thank you in advance.
Robert

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
I have managed to get a step closer to what i need with this formula: "=SUM.IFS(data!$F:$F,data!$A:$A,B$1;data!$C:$C,B$2;data!$E:$E,$A3)"
The formula finds the four occurances in my datasheet, which matches all the criteria, but rather than finding the latest (topmost) occurance, it sums the lot of them.
How can I change the formula to take that last step?

Upvote 0
Incidentally, I added a helper column on the data sheet (Column A), which extracts the month (number) from the date-column.
If at all possible, I would like to avoid using such a column, but rather integrate it into the main formula. Can this be done?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back