Excel Hyperlink to an Outlook Appointment

ADS1212

Hi All,

1st post here....hoping someone can help.

I have an excell spreadsheet setup that is available to my sales staff. I need to know if it is possible to link to a specific appointment set up in Outlook.

In other words, when clicking on the date listed in a cell, it would launch Outlook and display that calendar entry.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Mr. Wizard

Board Regular
The only way I could think of was to have the recipient's calendar saved as a web page on their computer. Outlook 2003 can do this, and you could drive it from Excel. Then you could provide a link in Excel that would open the details of a meeting, otherwise links are relegated to web content at this time - not other programs.

I also tried using the web Outlook interface to see if I could determine a hyperlink URL that would jump me to a specific calendar event.

What you are asking is similar to wanting an Excel hyperlink to open a Powerpoint file and go to a specific slide. Internal links within the program can jump to different locations within the file, but these application relative links can't be used outside the program that I know of.

I could be wrong, and that would be a nice finding.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelagrace