EXCEL IF AND OR (Please help in creating a formula)

jotheghostman

Hi

Would anyone please help me compose formulas for these cases:

<o:p></o:p>

1. I have a database of medical history ofpatients including dates of their visit to hospital. I need to use pivot on itand group them on a monthly basis. However, not necessary calendar months as Januaryto December. Instead, I need to start with a certain contract period, forexample, August 20, 2016 as beginning of their visit.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
If patient visited the hospital from August20, 2016 to September 19, 2016, then formula result should be “1stMonth”, if visit was September 20, 2016 to October 19, 2016, then it should be “2ndmonth”. <o:p></o:p>
Is it possible that YEAR is not adeterminant? The basis would just be the MONTH and DATE, because my databasestarts from 2014 to date. I would just want “1st Month” to “12thMonth” result regardless of year.<o:p></o:p>
2. Also, I have another database of list ofpatients and their families with PATIENT NAME (Column A), AGE (Column B),RELATION (Column C). RELATION states if patients is PRINCIPAL PATIENT, PARENT,SIBLING, SPOUSE, CHILD. <o:p></o:p>
I need a conditional formula forRELATION and AGE. Say, if RELATION states PRINCIPAL PATIENT, and AGE is 0 to 65yearsand 6 months, then formula result is “QUALIFIED”. If PARENT or SPOUSE and ageis 0 to 65 years and 6 months, then result is “QUALIFIED”. If SIBLING or CHILDand age is 0 to 18 years and 6 months, then result is “QUALIFIED”. Otherwise, “INELIGIBLE”<o:p></o:p>
I have been trying to compose and search in Google, butIve given up. Please help me on the above.<o:p></o:p>
This would truly change my work life.<o:p></o:p>
Thank you.<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Hey jotheghostman & welcome to the board.

Regarding your first request, the below formula should show numbers from 1 to 12 regardless of the years difference

=MOD(DATEDIF(H3,I3,"M"),12)+1
H3 = Contract Date
I3 = Visit Date

I am not really clear on your 2nd request, what do you mean by the 6 months ?
"AGE is 0 to 65years and 6 months"

Upvote 0
Hey jotheghostman & welcome to the board.

Regarding your first request, the below formula should show numbers from 1 to 12 regardless of the years difference

=MOD(DATEDIF(H3,I3,"M"),12)+1
H3 = Contract Date
I3 = Visit Date

I am not really clear on your 2nd request, what do you mean by the 6 months ?
"AGE is 0 to 65years and 6 months"

Thank you very much mse330! As I did the first formula, it looks like I needed to insert another column and specify the start of contract date. It determines the 1st to 2nd months! Wow!

With my second case, I meant with age as 65 years old and a half - that's why I specified 65 years and 6 months. Or, lets omit the half year and say, "65 years old".

I truly appreciate your reply. Just had one fish bone outta my throat!

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon.

Upvote 0
You are welcome :)

I think the below formula might address your 2nd request. You may need to adjust based on the conditions but I have provided the logic

=IF(AND(OR(C2="PRINCIPAL PATIENT",C2="PARENT",C2="SIBLING",C2="SPOUSE",C2="CHILD"),B2<=65),"QUALIFIED","INELIGIBLE")

C2 = Relation
B2 = Age

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
test111

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back