Excel - improving visability for visually impaired

marissahatt

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have an elderly client(88) that used to be an excel genius, he is a Doctors Degree en finance etc. But he came down with sever covide which took most of his vision and memory of complex tasks. I need to teach het how to use excel from scratch, however, we face one very big difficulty.

He cannot see the mouse pointer in excel, meaning the white cross that appears on a sheet. This is due to vision loss. Is there any way I can change the color and size of the mouse pointer on excel? I have tried changing cell colors and grid colors but this makes if mor difficult for him to see.

I am at a complete loss and I don't just want to tell him it cannot be done if in actual fact it can.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Not specifically in Excel, but in the computer's system. For me it is: Start - Settings - Devices - Mouse - Adjust mouse cursor settings

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Not specifically in Excel, but in the computer's system. For me it is: Start - Settings - Devices - Mouse - Adjust mouse cursor settings
Thank you for the response. It has already been changed on the computer's system, the problem is in excel when the curser defaults to the excel formatting

Upvote 0
Thank you for the response. It has already been changed on the computer's system, the problem is in excel when the curser defaults to the excel formatting
Unfortunately,Unlike VB or UserForms, Excel has no MouseIcon Property.
Not the ideal solution but, if you change the the application cursor from xlDefault to say xlNorthwestArrow, the system formatting of the cursor seems to take effect.

Upvote 0
It has already been changed on the computer's system, the problem is in excel when the curser defaults to the excel formatting
Hmm, that does not happen for me. I enlarged the mouse pointer and in Excel the white cross icon, arrow pointer, I beam icon etc are all as big as the ribbon.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back