Excel in mac showing as #REF!

indr

Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi All, I am using Mac and my team is using windows majorly. We have excel where windows user are able to see the data without any issue but i am getting #REF! in most of the cells.

Weirdly , when i opened another excel which is connecting to DB and getting the data and then opened the above mentioned excel then i do not see #REF! error anymore. Values are getting displayed.
Now, if i close both excels and open the original excel then i see the #REF! again.

Only when the excel connecting to DB is opened and then the original excel is opened, the values are displayed.
I don't understand what is happening.

Can someone help me out pls.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
whats the formula inthe cell thats referencing the DB file, do the windows users happen to have the DB file OPEN ?
OR when they open, are they prompted to UPDATE the sheet and choosing NOT to, which maintains the reference

Upvote 0
whats the formula inthe cell thats referencing the DB file, do the windows users happen to have the DB file OPEN ?
OR when they open, are they prompted to UPDATE the sheet and choosing NOT to, which maintains the reference
@etaf The formula is GETPIVOTDATA in most of the cells.. The windows users have no problem in viewing the file automatically without the need of any other files. And yes, we (both windows and mac) get a popup for "Update " and "Dont update" when we open the original excel and we choose "Dont update".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back