Excel into Powerpoint

Roni

Board Regular
is there a way to take an existing Excel spreadsheet and "drop" it into an existing powerpoint presentation and have the ppt format automatically applied to excel sheet? when i copy and paste, the background is white, if i change "FILL" to none, that's fine, it turns the maroonish background of ppt, but the text is all black, i need it to match the yellowish font of ppt...but there are too many cells to select and change one at a time. HELP! also tried pasting as a copy of the picture, that didn't work either.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Gary Drumm

Try selecting the worksheet (or a reasonably sized section of it) that you want to put into Powerpoint.
With Powerpoint open, select Edit / Paste Special / Paste / Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object.

I just tried it (Office 2000), and it worked perfectly.
I had to resize it once it was in PPT, but all of the data, formatting, colors were identical.

HTH
Gary

jmckeone

A related question, can a chart within excel be converted to a graphic and then put into a power point?

Gary Drumm

Yes,
I tried it, and it's done the same way as with spreadsheets.
Select the chart by r-clicking it (so that a small square appears on each of it's 4 corners), then select Edit / Copy, then open the PPT, and go to Edit/ Paste / Paste Special / Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmetcalf2021