Excel is not responding when executing code

Brew

The following code works if my source records from c6:e255, but when I added more records, (c6:e365), excel locks up and is not responding:
Sub Conversion()
Dim i As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Range("g5:i" & Rows.Count).ClearContents
Range("g5").Resize(, 3).Value = Array("h1", "h2", "h3")
For i = 6 To Range("c" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
Range("g" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 3) = Array(Cells(i, "c"), Cells(i, "d"), Cells(i, "e"))
Range("g" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 3) = Array(Cells(i, "c"), Cells(i, "e"), Cells(i, "d"))
Range("g" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 3) = Array(Cells(i, "d"), Cells(i, "c"), Cells(i, "e"))
Range("g" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 3) = Array(Cells(i, "d"), Cells(i, "e"), Cells(i, "c"))
Range("g" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 3) = Array(Cells(i, "e"), Cells(i, "c"), Cells(i, "d"))
Range("g" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 3) = Array(Cells(i, "e"), Cells(i, "d"), Cells(i, "c"))
Next
Range("g5").Resize(, 3).ClearContents
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
I'm not sure of this, but, 265-5 = 251. And, from the Worksheet and workbook specifications maximums, I read: "Maximum number of named views in a workbook: Limited by available memory; a summary report shows only the first 251 scenarios". Could this be the reason for your problem?

Upvote 0
That was my concern. I though it might be a memory issue....Is there around it.

Upvote 0
Brew, maybe you could do your present code as is, but repeat the essential code for the next 251 cells or less, just before the End Sub. Give it a try, and let us know if it works. Sounds logical to me...

Upvote 0
How do I express the repeat of the essential code within the existing code?

Upvote 0
Brew, your code works fine for me, and I filled cols C:E down to row 455.

Although I can't work out what you are doing with this line of code:
Code:
as you do nothing with these cells, and then clear them again after the main body of the code.

Upvote 0
Seems as if Glenn is going to be able to solve your problem for you! Good luck.

What I had in mind was:
Start with your original code, up to the end of the "For-Next" loop
Code:
Sub Conversion() 
Dim i As Long 
For i = 6 To 251  'CHANGE THIS LIMIT TO 251 HERE 
   Range("g" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 3) = Array(Cells(i, "c"), Cells(i, "d"), Cells(i, "e")) 
   Range("g" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 3) = Array(Cells(i, "c"), Cells(i, "e"), Cells(i, "d")) 
   Range("g" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 3) = Array(Cells(i, "d"), Cells(i, "c"), Cells(i, "e")) 
   Range("g" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 3) = Array(Cells(i, "d"), Cells(i, "e"), Cells(i, "c")) 
   Range("g" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 3) = Array(Cells(i, "e"), Cells(i, "c"), Cells(i, "d")) 
   Range("g" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(, 3) = Array(Cells(i, "e"), Cells(i, "d"), Cells(i, "c")) 
Next
add this:
Code:
For i = 252 To Range("c" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row 
Next
and complete with the last part of your origial code
Code:
End Sub

Upvote 0
I still got my system locked up with this latest update. Im thinking it might be because I only have about 208M of free space available for windows to operate....It's taking must too long to execute.....My PC is about 773Mhz

Upvote 0
I entered the updated code as follows, on different machine, however, this machine locks up also. This machine has more memory than the previous one I tested
Sub Conversion()
Dim i As Long
For i = 6 To 251 'CHANGE THIS LIMIT TO 251 HERE
Next
For i = 252 To Range("c" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
Next
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back