Excel Line graph

raviee12

I am looking to plot a line graph with upper and lower limits (Ranges). Attached is the target view (PNG).

The value that I have, has positive and negative values. Hence showing upper limit and lower limit range in the line chart is a bit complex. Attached is the excel sheet(Sample.xlsx) with main values(Series 1), Upper limit(Series 3) and lower limit(Series 2).

Y20Y21Y22Y23Y24
Series 1 100 9(36)(164)(272)
Series 210-51-97-225-335
Series 3175464-122-227

<colgroup><col><col span="5"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Regards, Ravi

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Re: Excel Line graph-Question

Unfortunately the PNG image did not get attached so we can't see what you are looking to create. If you are wanting to show shading of the possible range, you may try adapting the technique in this article & video: https://www.thinkoutsidetheslide.com/issue-433-february-19-2019/.

If that is not what you are trying to do, please post the image so we can see it and give you further advice.

Upvote 0

Hi Dave, I am not able to post the image. I have send an attachment to the email address mentioned on your website.

Thanks in advance your response.

Regards, Ravi

Upvote 0

I will send you the Excel file by email but I want to post the solution here for others to be able to view. As I thought, the approach in the article and video I posted above will work. Here is the spreadsheet, graph, and some notes about what was done.
Line-with-range-shading-Aug-7-2019.jpg

Of course you can change the fill color of the Shading series as well as change any of the other formatting.

Upvote 0

I will send you the Excel file by email but I want to post the solution here for others to be able to view. As I thought, the approach in the article and video I posted above will work. Here is the spreadsheet, graph, and some notes about what was done.
Line-with-range-shading-Aug-7-2019.jpg

Of course you can change the fill color of the Shading series as well as change any of the other formatting.

Thank you very much Dave. It has served the purpose.

Really Appreciate your help on this.

Regards, Ravi

Upvote 0

Thank you very much Dave. It fits my purpose.

Really Appreciate your help on this.

Regards, Ravi

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faxgirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back