Excel Macro to Copy Data to New Workbook Based On Two Cell Values

newkid59

Acct. NoProductDateManagerBusiness UnitMisc.
1AJULYSUEEASTNEEDS UPDATED CONTACT INFO
2AAUGUSTBOBWEST
3CJUNEMARYSOUTH
4DJULYTIMNORTH
5BJULYMARYWEST

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
I need input/guidance on a work problem. Another branch for our company recently closed, so my branch absorbed about 7,500 accounts from them. All of their client data was in a system that is not compatible with ours, so we received all of their client info in one big Excel spreadsheet.

For all of our original clients, we have their info in a system, and the employee that's in charge of a particular client is constantly updating the client file on our system. Likewise, we will need to constantly be updating the new client files (already assigned to a specific current employee) also.

However, there's a few bumps with IT, and we won't be able to get these 7,500 new accounts into our functioning systems until October or November. I've been tasked with finding a usable way for employees to access their new customer data from this Excel sheet and update data.

My boss does not want a shared file. Apparently they have tried that in the past and it messed with the systems and would crash programs. I used a macro from Ron de Bruin (Create a new workbook for all unique values) that created a new workbook for every specific Employee name from the original Excel file when you ran the macro. The only problem was that you needed to be in the master file to run the program.

My boss did not like that idea, he responded with "Is it possible to do excactly that but for the individual to select to pull just their own data and to select a specific month? Almost like you'd click the button and then get prompted to enter (or choose) the employee name and the client month."

My boss currently has the original file of new clients password protected, with only himself and one other employee besides myself have the password to.

So is there a way to create some macro in an Excel file, that can pull data from the Master file (without needing the password), and the employee can choose their name and the month of clients they want, without actually being in the Master file itself? I don't need code or anything, I really would just like to brainstorm and have some expert opinions and ideas.

I've attached a picture of a "mock" spreadsheet. Obviously all of the data is fake, but that's the general set up of how it looks.

Let me know if you need clarification on anything, I appreciate all of the help and responses.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianhfield

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back