Excel Macros Button

Ckrysa

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello I’m new to macros and have the basic principle of how to use them, but code writing is not a strong point for me. What I would like to do is create a button in excel so when I open my sheet to pay the next invoice I can click this button and the totals in column “G”, copy over to column “I” but when they copy from “G” to “I” the totals keep adding up in “I” each time the button is clicked. Also after the totals from "G" are copied and added up in "I" I need the totals in "G" to go back to 0 or be blank again.
I trying once and a whole bunch of "0's" showed up in all of the other blank spaces...all blanks cells I need to show as blank and not "0's" as well.
I hope this makes sense…can anyone help?

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hi

can you put a screen shot of the document on here to see what you mean

Upvote 0
Hi

can you put a screen shot of the document on here to see what you mean
See example below. So if I got an invoice in from a contractor to pay them for some of their work I would type the invoice amounts in column 'G". As an example lets say invoice #1 was asking for 0.5.
of the total shown in column 'E7' I would then type in 0.5 in 'G7' and my formulas would total everything in columns 'K' and 'L'
*For the example below assume the "SCHEDULE 'A' Title is representing line "1"

So what I need a macros to do is to create a button for when another invoice comes in, I can hit the button and it would copy everything from column 'G' to column 'I' but when doing so the totals keep adding up in 'I' each time.

So if the next invoice came in for 0.25 of the total of 'E7' I would hit the button and it would copy the previous 0.5 to 'I7' and then I would type in 0.25 in 'G7'
Then the next invoice comes in for another 0.25 and I would hit the button and it would copy the past 0.25 to 'I7' and add the 0.25 to the 0.5. then I would type in the 0.25 in 'E7'

Hope this makes sense.

Capture.JPG

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back