Excel Macros Saving Problem

bluewaterfree

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
My situation...
Excel file: Budget.xlsb
I've written tons of macros in this file. Life was good.

Then, I tried get clever and put the file on OneDrive so that I could use the file either from my home computer or my laptop when I was on travel.
That was a dramatic failure and before I learned that OneDrive doesn't support macro path names well at all.

So now, I'm trying to go back to my original configuration... but... here's the problem...

All my macros show the OneDrive Path in them now... even though the file itself is now stored locally on my home computer. How do I "force" the macros to have the path name of the file itself... or said more simply be stored in the file Budget.xlsb locally on my home laptop.

Examples of things I've tried... I delete the Customized Ribbon button calling a macro... and then from the dropdown list in Customized Ribbon... add the macro from the macro list... and it still uses the OneDrive path name.... I deleted the file from OneDrive... logged out of OneDrive... yet it still points at the OneDrive pathname.

I went to Developer/Visual Basic.... All the modules are under the VBAProject (Budget.xlsb)... I don't see anything there on path name.

THANKS IN ADVANCE...

Bonus question...
Let say that I store the file in C:User\Mark\Document.... and set all of the macros with that path name.
Then I used Google Drive and transferred the file to the exact same path name on my laptop.... would that work?

Again thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Honestly, your problem description is not making a lot of sense to me. Everything in a macro is under your control. You can code the path to be anything you like.

Upvote 0
Let me ask a more basic question... I've got an Excel file... Budget.xlsb stored in C:\Users\Mark\Budget. I've customized the ribbon to initiate several macros.

I want to be able to use this spreadsheet on both my home office desktop... and my laptop when I travel.

How do I do that?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Let me ask a more basic question... I've got an Excel file... Budget.xlsb stored in C:\Users\Mark\Budget. I've customized the ribbon to initiate several macros.

I want to be able to use this spreadsheet on both my home office desktop... and my laptop when I travel.

How do I do that?

Thanks
Depending on which version of OneDrive you have, create a sync'd OneDrive folder on each PC and keep it there. A sync'd folder (or your OneDrive personal vault) can be accessed via a normal folder path like C:\Users\Mark\Budget instead of a URL.

Don't ask me the details of how to set it up because I am not an expert, but I have one like that.

Upvote 0
Solution
Okay. I'll try again on OneDrive. That didn't work the first time I tried. Thanks
M

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back