BellaTrix07

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone! I have a few Problems I hope to find help w here. First I am NOT a D/U (dumb user) just very Excel dumb unlike my Dad. So my Dad is in Germany and back when XP was current he made a superp Programm in Excel that used Masks. Its a bookkeeping type System so he inputs into the mask an amount and it moves it across all the different tables into all the correct colums. It calculates it all out. It works great & he loves it. It is quite a feat. I moved recently back & got him a nice new Laptop w Office 365 on it. Now I understand that it should work across all Excel Programs. I placed a Sample of one of his sheets on a usb stick & it opened no Problem.. but I cant for the life of me find that mask input Screen that comes up in the older XP Version. Is there still such a thing? The Laptop is from the USA so currently everything in Excel is displayed in English. Once I figured the mask thing out I switch languages.
Did Microsoft take the mask input Screen away?
Is there a addt download or a type of app so one can get it back?
I know people still use Masks, as I briefly looked through the message board.
Any input is appreciated. I know most things about Computers but Excel is foreign to me. I figured if I ever need it there will certainly be a YouTube Video of it. But nadda.
Please please help!!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Most likely a version compatibility issue. The VBA code would most likely need updated/enabled to function properly again as it sounds like lots older .xls file

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back