Excel Mhtml pivot table reports

tweedledum

Hi
I have an excel workbook with a pivot table which displays data from a database. I was tasked with putting this excel workbook up on our company intranet as a mhtml file. This has already been done with another book by he who created the intranet but he isnt around anymore.
I know what you are saying mhtml format does not support pivot tables and formulas etc anymore. Which is why i have to use excel 2002.
I have the excel workbook (which someone else made), i have changed all the database data connections to web queries. the web queries draw the information from the database (which works fine), all the other information are calculations based data brought from the database which is fine. The idea (which worked for the other guy) is to save this as a mhtml file, then change the extension to xls so it opens in excel(which works fine too ). My problem is i need to keep the pivot table, and the formulas that are used where they are, just get rid of the values. I need them to be blank (or 0.00 even its financial data) because its essentially a template, i dont want it to actually calculate all the values until the first refresh when its opened. I have it on good authority that it wont work otherwise. I've tried to actually delete the values but i get the "Cannot change this part of a pivottable report" message, is there any other way of doing this? If you leave it in then the values get added as part of the mhtml in think, for the same reason i delete the database data contained on the other sheet and just keep the web query. I know this is an unusual question but i am sure ye will find it interesting:ROFLMAO: Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back