Excel not calculating

Solola

Board Regular
I have a fairly large excel workbook (9420 KB), and it has just recently decided to no longer calculate. When I update numbers that I know will affect multiple worksheets, nothing happens.

Yes, I have automatic calculation on.
Even when I hit F9, nothing happens.

The only way to get the numbers to change is to F2-enter or double click on every single cell that is affected by the change. Needless to say this is not a viable option, as I'd have to click on thousands of cells individually to update them.

Does anyone have any suggestions? This all started when I created a new copy of a worksheet that has MANY index-match formulas to multiple areas in the workbook. I moved that sheet out of the workbook, hoping that would solve the problem...but no such luck.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I'm not sure why this would be happening, but a potential workaround until you find a proper solution would be to do a Find/Replace on all the cells, finding "=" (without the quotes) and Replacing with "=". This simulates you F2ing in each cell (but is obviously an awful lot faster!).

Upvote 0
I had this problem - some how the options on the toolbar table had reset itself to manual calculation, check this ?

Tools/Options/Calculation tab

just an idea ?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip, Richard. That really is better than F2-enter. Ugh!! That will save time until I can figure this out...

Fwiz, I had confirmed that the options were still set to automatic calc - but even if it hadn't been, you'd think that F9 still should have had some effect?

Thanks again - I just wish I knew why this problem decided to start in the first place! Or, more importantly, how I can prevent it from happening in the future!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webster33

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back