Excel not responding

teachman

Hello,

I have stumbled upon a new and disconcerting behavior when running a macro in Excel 2013 (Windows 7). I'll start a longish macro and the Excel window will go to a white screen with the words 'Excel not responding' in the window title bar. The mouse icon shows it is busy and sooner or later (sometimes before the macro finishes but always after the macro finishes) the Excel window will display normally. The macro seems to have done its thing.

I have added wording to the status bar so the user will know what is happening, but when the Excel window goes white there is no status bar displayed so neither I nor the user knows what the macro is doing.

I have 16 gigs of installed physical memory. This is a fairly new occurrence. It didn't happen right after Excel 2013 was installed on my machine. In fact, it just started this behavior, last week.

Any ideas what is going on and/or how to avoid it? While I have grown used to it the current behavior is very disconcerting to the users.

Thanks,

George Teachman

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Have you tried running your macro one step at a time (pressing F8 in view code) to see if it is having particular trouble in one part of the code?

Upvote 0
No, I haven't done that. I haven't changed the macro in a week or so. But, I guess that's the next step.

Thanks,

George

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back